Perhaps “pop” is the wrong word to use here. We aren’t talking about painting your home in colors that will have the neighbors pointing at your house and dashing off letters of complaint to the zoning commission. No, we are talking about paint selections that enhance the appearance of your home and demonstrate an uncommon attention to style and décor.
At AllPro Painters, we have some experience in this area. We are an award winning, Las Vegas-based house painting contractor with over 40,000 painting projects under our belt. Our team is composed of experienced, highly professional painters, craftsmen, supervisory personnel, and in home paint color consultants.
As it turns out, color is just one element in deciding the best exterior house paint to use. Getting the aesthetic results you are looking for – and the best value – can be a daunting task for the typical homeowner. Assistance from a color consultant and painting contractors can give you an edge and relieve any anxiety you might have. And at AllPro Painters, our color consultation services are complimentary.
It Takes More than Just Picking Out a Paint Chip
As we mentioned, selecting the right color scheme takes into consideration a number of items. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Colors you can’t change. There are some colors on your exterior that you are not going to change, like the roof, stonework, and landscaping. Colors with similar undertones bring these elements together, and contrasting colors highlight detailing.
- Look left, right, and across the street. Imagine how your new color scheme will fit in with the neighborhood. You want your scheme to be different, but not so much that it becomes a “landmark” on your block.
- When the sun shines. And when doesn’t it shine in Las Vegas? Natural light will have an effect on how your choice of color will actually appear. Paint a swatch on the front of your house where it’s in full sun and not where there are shadows. Check it at various times of the day to see how natural light will make your paint appear.
One of the biggest influences on color selection is the architectural style of your home. Some colors work better than others on different architectural lines. While there are no strict rules, the following suggestions result in excellent results for three popular styles in the Las Vegas Valley:
- Contemporary. The straight lines are highlighted with a neutral greige – a blend of grey and beige – while grey trim and a muted orange door make the whole presentation “pop.”
- Spanish colonial. Warm tan colors for the siding and a mossy green for trim and architectural features makes the home stand out. Add a little more warmth with a russet colored door.
- Craftsman. Muted green siding, cream trim, and deep green window trim and door.
Choosing the right exterior house paint scheme for your home’s exterior is a big decision. Why not make the process a little less stressful by calling AllPro Painters today? Our color consultant can do the heavy lifting, but the final decision is obviously yours. Call us now and let’s get started.
AllPro Painting’s Professional Painting Services
Browse some of our residential and commercial painting services below!